The Nova Scotia Co-opoerative Council represents over 300 organizations with over 11,000 employees and more than 308,000 members in Nova Scotia alone.
The co-operative economy is strong, robust and growing; with co-operatives and credit unions playing a dynamic and creative role in meeting the needs and opportunities in their local communities.
Co-operatives and credit unions in Nova Scotia are part of a strong proactive provincial co-operative sector, which coordinates its efforts to ensure that co-ops and credit unions continue as a dynamic, creative presence in local communities, capable of addressing their community’s needs, challenges, opportunities and development into the 21st century.
The Nova Scotia Co-operative Council exists to:
- Deliver programs, products and services that grow the economy of Nova Scotia
- Bring all types of co-operatives together to form a strong co-operative sector in Nova Scotia
- Develop, promote, and support new co-operatives across all sectors and industries in Nova Scotia
- Represent the co-operative sector’s interest to all levels of government
- Encourage the development of a “co-operative identity” among the public in Nova Scotia
- Ensure innovation within the co-operative sector
- Develop alternative finance programs and instruments
We Are Fuelled By Our:
Our passion is people, building communities, growing businesses, creating jobs, reducing poverty, and delivering measurable results.
- Economic analysis
- Co-operative development
- Government relations
- Public relations
- Business development• Project management
- Business finance
We ignite the spirit of ordinary individuals to be, to have, and to do – for themselves, their neighbours, and their community.
We are not in it alone. Together we are powerful. The Nova Scotia Co-operative Council embraces partnerships with government, our co-operatives and credit unions, the private sector, and other community agencies – to build and grow our communities.
The Nova Scotia Co-operative Council is known for its innovative thinking, actions and programs.
Jobs, new businesses, finance programs, innovation, economic impacts, social impacts, and public relations.
The Nova Scotia Co-operative Council and our member co-operatives and credit unions are trusted, credible and recognized community leaders who deliver results.
Are endless – to grow and prosper. We are limited only by our imagination, commitment and confidence.
Triple Bottom Line
People, Planet, Profit.
Is our legacy.